JIS Group Educational Initiatives - the largest educational conglomerate of Eastern India with 26 Institutions, 126 programmes and 35,000 students began its journey 18 years back. The journey, though not easy, has been quite a successful one. JIS University was established through the Legislative Act of the Government of West Bengal, viz. JIS University Act, 2014 (West Bengal Act XXII of 2014) that came into force in February, 2015.
The University has a mission to be one of the top class universities in India and a preferred destination for students, research scholars and faculty members alike. Students aspiring to study in JIS University can be assured of quality education as all courses are duly accredited and affiliated by University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi; Bar Council of India (BCI), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) and United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI).
JIS University Vision
- To become a world leader by establishing centres of excellence in the fields of higher education, research, entrepreneurship and skill development.
JIS University Mission
- The mission of the University is to prepare quality human resource and develop innovative and ethical future leaders capable of managing institutions transform in a globally competitive environment.
JIS University Advantage
- 20 Years Legacy of JIS Group, Eastern India’s largest and most trusted educational service provider
- Industry Oriented Pedagogy
- Governing Body Members are from Industry and Academia.
- Choice Based Credit System.
- World class teaching environment with highly educated , industry experienced trained Faculty members.
- Strategic Tie ups with CII, FICCI, BCCI, IACC, TIE, IGCC, CEGR, NASSCOM etc.
- Entrepreneur Development Cell.
- Start-up Club & Innovation Club.
- Strategic tie ups with foreign universities.
- Foreign Language Class.
- Communication Lab.
- Research and Development Activities.
- Industrial Tours and Visits.
- Placement and Grooming assistance provided by a strong placement and training division.