The Sharda Group of Institutions has been a provider of world class education since 1996. It is the largest educational group based in Uttar Pradesh, having 20,000+ students and 1200+ faculty strength. It has 45,000+ alumni who are today leaders in their realms. With state-of-the-art campuses in Agra, Mathura, and Greater Noida, the group has transformed the perception of education by adopting a broader approach and focusing on overall development of an individual.
Spread across 180 acres of land with 3.5 million square feet of infrastructure, the group institutions has earned the trust and respect as a progressive education provider with successful alumni and prolific faculty.
The name of University, 'Sharda' is synonymous to 'Goddess of knowledge and learning - Saraswati'. She is identified with 'veena' an Indian musical instrument and the 'lotus' where she resides. The lotus in our logo symbolizes the seat of learning that the University is created for. Variety of colours signify the variety of disciplines the university offers and the overlap between petals creating new colours demonstrate the ethos of collaboration between students and teachers of different programme, nationality, creed and colour working towards creating new knowledge.
The petals leading towards a star is an embodiment of the University's cherished mission to provide education beyond boundaries and to facilitate the students and faculty to achieve pinnacles of success throughout the world!
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENT
Acknowledging the world class education provided by Sharda University, top magazines, newspapers and television channels have bestowed good rankings to the University in various areas like placements, industry interface, infrastructure, international relations, etc.
Vision, Mission & Core Values
To serve the society by being a global University of higher learning in pursuit of academic excellence, innovation and nurturing entrepreneurship.
Transformative educational experience
- Developing deep disciplinary knowledge, problem solving ability, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strengthening the flexible credit-based system for interdisciplinary learning to enrich academic experience.
- Ensuring student participation in career enhancement activities through exchange programs, student enterprise, volunteering and work-based learning.
- Focusing on strong mentor-mentee relationships which enhance overall personality of the students and equip them to face future challenges.
- Encouraging students to become lifelong learners and imbibe essential skills to serve the society at the highest level.
Enrichment by educational initiatives that encourage global outlook
- To create an environment where students and employees of diverse backgrounds live, study, learn, and socialize together.
- To encourage pursuit of knowledge and support the development of curricula from global perspective.
- To invest in faculty development to upskill them in designing and developing curricula, pursuing research, and offering experiential learning.
- To strengthen the student-welfare activities, academic counselling and administrative support services that contribute to holistic development of today’s students as future responsible citizens.
Develop research, support disruptive innovations and accelerate entrepreneurship
- Create high-quality and flexible collaborative research space and culture that enable and promote knowledge creation.
- Encourage involvement of students in research.
- Seek funds and grants from research, consultancy and other sources for balanced and sustainable growth of the University.
- Strengthen entrepreneurial and innovation culture among students and employees.
- Create mechanisms to stimulate meaningful bottom-up and top-down collaborations among faculty, staff and students with diverse disciplinary backgrounds.
- Explore opportunities to apply knowledge to promote private and public partnership.
- Enable students to explore and acquire leadership qualities.
Seeking beyond boundaries
- Promoting our global communities as active ambassadors of higher education.
- Leveraging the alumni network to assist development of innovative curricula and research initiatives that will better prepare our students to become global citizens.
- Establishing and maintaining close cooperation among academia and private and public sector industries by contributing through academic findings and developments.
- To empower each student to discover their individual potential by providing opportunities for collaborative-learning beyond the classroom, in the broader community - across the diverse spectrum of disciplines.
Core Values of the University
Ability to realize the greater good in our actions and to look at our work and ourselves holistically
- In all we do, we apply and expect the highest personal, professional and ethical standards. We believe in acting with honesty, courage and trust.
Transparency and Fairness
- Collectively and individually we act with transparency, consistency and fairness.
We believe in cultivating a culture of genuine sincerity, trust and collaboration at all levels through value-based leadership
- We embark on a value-based approach across all our actions.
- Fostering value-based leadership among faculty members, students and staff in all their actions.
We respect and encourage diversity among students, faculty members and staff to promote cross-cultural environment
- We embrace everyone with equity and dignity irrespective of their social background.
- University encourages cross-cultural groups and team building inside and outside the classrooms. The students, faculty members and staff work together in a cohesive learning environment to achieve the vision and mission of the University.
We serve our society while respecting rights of everybody