Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUT, WB), formerly West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), is a public state university located in Kolkata, India. Founded in 2000 and funded initially by the Government of West Bengal, MAKAUT, WB provides facilities for the pursuit of degree and advanced-level courses in engineering, management and other professional areas through affiliated institutions and in-house departments.
The University, which began operating from the West Bengal State Archives Building located at 43 Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata 700017, India is currently located at BF 142, Sector I, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700064, India with area of 45000 sq.ft. with another 20,000 sq.ft. at AQ 13/1, Sector V, Salt Lake 700091.The University would have a permanent main campus of approximately 40 acres of land at Haringhata, District nadia, provided by the Government of West Bengal. Hostels has been built to accommodate students both boys and girls.
The university has eight departments in four schools
- School of Biotechnology & Biological Sciences
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Bio-informatics
- School of Engineering & Technology
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
- Department of Microelectronics and VLSI Technology
- School of Management & Sciences
- Department of Management
- Department of Natural Sciences