Krishna University was established in Machilipatnam Krishna district Andhra Pradesh, India, in 2008. It was established by the state of Andhra Pradesh. Facilities include laboratories, internet, reading room, guest house, and extra-curricular activities.
In pursuance of the recommendations of Knowledge Commission, Krishna University was established, vide Andhra Pradesh Act.No.4 of 1991, G.O' Ms. No.89 Higher Education (U.E.II) dated 25/06/2008 and G.O Ms. No.109, Higher Education (U.E.II) department dated 14/07/2008 at Machilipatnam, as the town is the head-quarters of Krishna District of Andhra Pradesh. On 23/04/08, The then Hon'ble Chief Minister Dr.Y Rajasekhara Reddy laid the foundation stone for the University. A Feasibility committee headed by Prof. K. Viyyanna Rao visited Machilipatnam for establishing the University.
To develop the University as a highly reputed higher education institution of perennial source of knowledge like river Krishna, for a just and sustainable knowledge economy and society.
The University is committed to:
1. Provide more inclusive access to affordable quality higher education.
2. Promote quality research in diverse areas of development and change appropriate to the local context.
3. Engage in application of knowledge for community development.
4. Strengthen interface between Affiliated Colleges and University for common good.
5. Provide a responsive, accountable, transparent, participative, and results based management system.
6. Develop network with industry and other academic and research institutions to meet the expectations of various stakeholders.
7. Use ICT extensively for enrichment of teaching-learning process and for effective governance.