The Andhra University is a public university located in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. It was established in 1926 and shared affiliating responsibilities with Madras University in the initial years. It is located in a campus of 250 hectares.
Leverage global knowledge networks to help India and International Community in developing human resources capable of leading creative developments by upholding intellectual traditions and human values.
- To impart globally focused education to all sections of the Society.
- To Create world class Professionals
- To establish synergic relationships with industry and society
- To develop state of art infrastructure and well endowed faculty
- To impart knowledge through team work and incessant efforts
- To uphold Indian intellectual traditions and human values
Faculties and departments
- Andhra University College of Arts and Commerce (established 1931)
- Andhra University College of Engineering (established 1955)
- Andhra University College of Engineering for Women (established 2010)
- Andhra University College of Law (established 1945)
- Andhra University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences (established 1951)
- Andhra University College of Science and Technology (established 1931)
- Andhra University School of Distance Education (established 1972)
The College of Engineering offers 80 courses in 15 departments. Courses include Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics & Communications, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Remote Sensing, Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Nanotechnology, Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering.
The College of Law offers LL.B. 3 years, LL.B. 5 years, LL.M. and PhD programmes. Many of the judges in the Andhra Pradesh Courts, and a representation in the judiciary of High Courts and Supreme Court are the alumni of Dr B.R.Ambedkar College of Law.