Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) was established in the year 1980. It is started under the Vokkaligara Sangha. The Vokkaligara Sangha is founded in 1906 to promote education in rural Mysore.
KIMS is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore and is recognized by Medical Council of India, New Delhi. The motto of the college is SATHATHA SEVA THATHPARATHE, which means “Always devoted to the service”. This motto proclaims the quality every medical professional who studies in KIMS should possess.
KIMS has postgraduate, super specialty and research departments. It has an on campus hospital with 810 beds. Students can gain practical experience from the well functioning hospital.
Under Graduate Course
- M.D Anatomy
- M.D Physiology
- M.D Biochemistry
- M D Pharmacology
- M D Pathology
- M D Microbiology
- M D Forensic Medicine
- M D Community Medicine
- M D General Medicine
- M D Pediatrics
- M D Anesthesiology
- M D Radio Diagnosis
- M D Dermatology
- M D Emergency Medicine
- M D Psychiatry
- M S General Surgery
- M S O B G
- M S Ophthalmology
- M S ENT
- M S Orthopedics
- DA Anesthesiology
- DCP Pathology
- DCH Pediatrics
- DGO O.B.G
- DOMS Ophthalmology
- D.Ortho. Orthopedics
- D.L.O E.N.T
- DMRD Radio Diagnosis
The college offers best infrastructural facilities to improve the quality of education. It has well equipped labs, classrooms, internet access, library etc.
The library has WEB OPAC facility. It has more than ten thousand books for reference. The library subscribes almost 500 national and international journals. It has computers with internet access, photocopiers and scanners inside the library.
The college has three cafeterias inside the campus. The cafeterias at the college and hospital are equipped with enough seating facilities for students and staff. They have modern kitchen equipments and serves hygienic food at reasonable rates.
The college has a co-operative society. It meets the needs of the students and staff’s requirement of books & stationary at concessional rates. Each and every students and teaching faculty are share holders of the society.
From 2009 onwards the students have the facility to get medical insurance along with admission. The insurance is covered by United India Insurance Company, a public sector enterprise.
Sports and Cultural Activities
The college aims at the overall development of the students. Thus it celebrates college day every year with cultural activities like music, dance and drama competitions, fashion show etc. It has an annual sports and cultural day too. It has playgrounds and training facility in Badminton, Volley ball, Shuttle court and Basket ball. There is separate gymnasium for boys and girls.
There is on campus hostel facility. Hostels together have 212 rooms. There are separate hostels for men and women. Hostels have warden. The hostel mess provides high quality food at concessional rate.
- The candidates should have passed the two years P.U.C examination held by the P.U Education Board, Karnataka State, with Physics, Chemistry & Biology as optional subjects. Or any other examination recognized as equivalent to it by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- OR The candidates should have passed the B.Sc examination of Bangalore University or any other statutory University provided he/she has passed the B.Sc examination with not less than three of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
- The Candidates should have secured not less than 50% of the total marks in Science subjects taken altogether at the qualifying examination & in CET/COMED-K entrance exam.
- The OBC-3A category and SC/ST students of Karnataka are required to secure 40% of the total marks.
- The Candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.