East Point College of Nursing
Healthcare comprises hospitals, medical devices, clinical trials, outsourcing, telemedicine, medical tourism, health insurance and medical equipment Nursing is a profession within the health care sector focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life. Nurses may be differentiated from other health care providers by their approach to patient care, training, and scope of practice. Nurses play significant roles in hospitals, clinics and private practices.
East Point College of Nursing runs Basic B.Sc. Nursing program. We are affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka and the Karnataka State Nursing Council.
East Point College of Nursing was started in the year 2003 with a total intake of forty students per annum. The College restarted in the year 2016. Currently the annual intake has been increased to hundred. The course consists of theoretical and practical training provided with the purpose to prepare them for their duties as nursing care professionals. This education is provided by experienced nursing faculty and medical faculty from East Point Medical College and Research Centre, Bangalore.
OBJECTIVES OF COURSE:
- On completion of the four year B.Sc. Nursing program the graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/community health settings.
- Method of teaching used to teach nursing theory subjects are through lecture cum discussion, seminar, conference, Role Play, Symposium, Brain storming, demonstration, debriefing, etc. Nursing practice concepts are taught through clinical posting, clinical Presentation, nursing rounds, Bed side teaching, case presentation, drug presentation etc
- A candidate seeking admission to first Basic B.Sc. Nursing course:
- i) shall have passed two years Pre University examination conducted by Department of Pre- University Education, Karnataka State, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects. The candidate shall have passed subjects and must have obtained a minimum of not less than 45%
- ii) shall have passed any other examination conducted by Boards /Councils/ Intermediate Education established by State Governments/ Central Government and recognized as equivalent to two year Pre University examination by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences/Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and the candidate shall have passed subjects and must have obtained a minimum of not less than 45%
- iii) In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology together in the qualifying examination be not less than 40% Age: The candidate should have completed 17 years on or before 31 st day of December of the year of admission.
- Selection of the candidates should be based on the merit in the entrance examination held by University or competent authority.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
- Duration of the course shall be four completed years including clinical training of 24 weeks.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
- English shall be the medium of for the course as well as for the examination.