Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital
Established in the year 1991 under the dynamic leadership of Mr. K Subba Rao, Chairman, VEF, the Institution has grown leaps and bounds. The first batch of students passed out of the college on 8th November 1995 which happens to be the red letter day when the premier Dental Council of India gave recognition to the Institution. The year 2002 saw the first batch of Post-graduates leaving the Institution in the following six Specialities:-
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
Bachelor Of Dental Surgery
Bachelor Of Dental Surgery or BDS is one of the most popular and designated degree of dentists. BDS is the only educational and professional programme of dental surgery in India. In the medical educational field, it’s the second choice of the students after the MBBS course.
Master Of Dental Surgery
Master of Dental Surgery or MDS is a three year post graduate degree offered by Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences which is recognized by Dental Council of India. It is offered in 9 different specialities like.
- Human Anatomy and Embryology.
- Human Physiology and Bio-Chemistry.
- Dental Anatomy and Histology.
- General Pathology and Microbiology.
- General Pharmacology.
- Dental Materials.
- Pre-clinical Prosthodontics.
- Pre-Clinical Conservative Dentistry.
- General Medicine
- Genera Surgery
- Oral Pathology and microbiology
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Consevative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Public Health Dentistry.