DR.B.R.AMBEDKAR INSTITUTE OF NURSING
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Nursing was established in the year 1989-90 as Mathrusri Bheemabai Ambedkar Institute of Nursing by Ananda Social and Education Trust. There are three courses provided by this institute which includes Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery, Undergraduate in Basic B.Sc. Nursing and Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing. This nursing institution is under the affiliation of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is recognized by Government of Karnataka. The courses here are approved by the Indian Nursing Council and Karnataka Nursing Council.
The main vision of this nursing college is to give such education and training through which students can develop themselves as competent nurses and be able to be accepted worldwide through their knowledge. This college with the higher level of education wants to produce nurses who are always ready to work in the clinical educational administration and in research areas. The balanced and professional education that this college provides has been enabling many of the students to become a professional nurse practitioner in their field.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Nursing has its own hospitals like Dr. Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital and Dr. Ambedkar Dental College which salutes Gautama Buddha, ocean of compassion and Bharatha Rathna Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Father of the Indian Constitution, the polestar guiding the destinies of the downtrodden of the society who inspired the team to take upon the onerous task of running the institution. The Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital has the capability of holding 750 beds with speciality clinics, ICU, Blood Bank and RNTCP.
Why Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Nursing?
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Nursing provides you with the best learning experience with sufficient amount of training and practical. Here are some of the special features of Nursing Institute:
- Very old and trusted nursing institute
- Team built up with professionals
- World class education provider
- Well-equipped laboratories with modern tools
- Central Library with 16500 books of medical specialities
- Two different library blocks opened 24 hours
- Latest computers with high-speed internet facility
- Separate hostels for girls and boys with high security
- Transportation service to the students
- Canteen and coffee shop inside the campus
- ATM facility located on campus
- Best placement service to the parent hospital and much more
Certificate Diploma Course
General Nursing and Midwifery is a diploma course of 3 years duration which is followed by internship of 6 months. The nurses of this field are in charge of taking care of women during their pregnancy and the post pregnancy period. The aim of this course is to render nurses who are highly skilled and qualified who contribute to the healthcare system as a crucial member. Midwifery is a field that is related to female health issues, during pregnancy, childbirth and after childbirth period. Nursing is a very noble profession. General nursing includes of general health care given in hospitals, clinics, school, colleges, military etc to sick people.
- General Nursing and Midwifery
- Completed 10+2 or equivalent examination
- 35% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream
- Students to be medically fit
- Candidates need to have a domicile certificate
- Age limit: 17 to 35 years
B.Sc. nursing is a 4-year course which marks the entry into the nursing profession. The basic concepts and theories related to the nursing field are made familiar to the students over this course. The course is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. This course aims at training professional nurses for curative and rehabilitative healthcare skills. The students pursuing this course are required to be highly motivated toward nursing profession. This course prepares the graduating nurses to become independent and responsible professionals to promote the healthcare services. The college ensures to produce a capable batch of nurses who are professionally trained and are compassionate.
- B.Sc. Nursing
- Candidate below 17 years isn’t accepted it is the minimum age requirement at the time of admission
- Completed 10+2 examination with Science and English
- Students who have formerly appeared 10+2 examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- Should obtain 50% marks in aggregate (if belonging to a Schedule Caste or Tribe of Karnataka required marks is 40%)
- Candidate should be mentally fit
- To provide a balance of professional and general education and to enable a student to become a professional nurse practitioner who has self –direction and is a responsible citizen.
- More nurse specialists with higher level of education ready to work in the clinical educational administration and in research areas are our future vision.
- To impart education and practical training accepted worldwide. To create a pool of competent nurses.
- To provide the knowledge base, empathetic attitudes and practical skills which are necessary to practice modern medicine.
- To build the character and skills of our doctors to encourage their growth into well rounded, caring human beings.
- To build and operate a hospital/hospitals that offer high quality, low cost medical care to underprivileged sections of society.
- To provide an atmosphere that fosters the academic growth of faculty members and facilitates scientific research.
- To empower the personal growth of all employees, and promote their physical, social, economic and psychological well-being.
- To make a positive contribution for the betterment of SC and ST people by opening up new avenues for them to find better slots in the social hierarchy