Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology
Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology (NMIT) is an Autonomous Institution affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), with the approval of UGC.NMIT got accredited by the National Board of Accreditation [NBA] under Tier-1 status (for 4 Programs) and Grade-A status by National Assessment and Accreditation Council [NAAC - UGC ]. The college is and approved by the AICTE, New Delhi. NMIT offers a four-year graduate programme in engineering leading to the award of the degree Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
The college postgraduate programmes in
- Master of Computer Applications - MCA,
- M.Tech in -Computer Networking Engineering,Digital Communications &Netwotking Engineering,VLSI & Embedded Systems,Computer Science & Engineering
- Master of Business Administration(MBA),
- M.Tech in Thermal Power Engineering,Machine Design,Structural Engineering
Overview Course Specific
NMIT or Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore offers degree programmes at the Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and PhD (Doctorate) level in various disciplines like Engineering, Management & Business Studies and Computer Applications. Besides these, the institute also offers Diploma and Master Trainer Programs.
The Bachelor of Engineering (BE) programmes offered at the institute are in the specializations including Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Information Science and Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering as well as Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
NMIT BTech Admission and Selection Process
Admissions to BTech programmes at NMIT are done of the basis of KCET and COMEDK UGET. Admissions is done via the following process:
- Through CET Karnataka (45% of the total seats)
- Through COMED-K (30% of the total seats)
- Through Management Quota (25% of the total seats)
International Student Admissions
The institute offers various UG and PG level programmes to foreign candidates. The institute reserves 15% extra seats for foreign nationals/PIO/NRI/students whose parents work in Gulf countries over and above the sanctioned intake.